Organizations can invest in their staff education and certification.
MINIMUM NUMBER IN A GROUP
Groups of ten.
Application fee is $50.00 pp USD.
GROUP ADMINSTRATOR APPLICATION PROCESS
- To apply, the group administrator will go to https://portal.nccdp.org/certificate/cdp_step1
- Select CORPORATE GROUP APPLICATION (FEE is $50.00 per person, minimum of 10 members)
- Set up an account and select the number of people in your group
- Enter each staff name and email address.
- Submit payment
GROUP MEMBER APPLICATION PROCESS
- Each group member will receive an email with instruction to individually apply for the Certified Dementia Practitioner certification
- The group member is issued a username and password and an e-mail is sent to each member.
- The group member will go to www.nccdp.org/login and enter the UN/PW into the Left Box (Already Have An Account) and sign in.
- The group member selects Initial Application
- The group member completes the online application.
- The group member will have 7 days to complete the application. After 7 days, if the employee has not completed the application, their name is deleted from the group account. The corporate group administrator will need to add their name and repay for their application.
GRANDFATHER OPTION. If the group member has recently completed (within 2 years) an Alzheimer's and Dementia Care course and received a course certificate the Grandfather Option can be selected. This option allows you to bypass the course requirement. The group member will need to upload a copy of the certificate of completion or the certification when prompted to do so within the body of the CDP application.
TAKE ONLINE COURSE WORK OPTION: If the group member has not recently taken an Alzheimer's disease and dementia specific course work, the group member will be directed to the online course ONLY AFTER the application is approved by NCCDP.
AFTER SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION FORM
- After the application form is submitted,NCCDP will review each application. If Denied, the group administrator will be issue a refund. If approved, the group member will be sent a CDP certification by email. The certification is good for two years. If the appliction form is incomplete, the group member will be sent an email with instructions. If the application form is denied, the group administrator will receive a refund. The group member may appeal the denial
- Sixty days prior to the expiration date, each group member and the group administrator will receive a reminder to renew.
- The group administrator need to log into their account and submit payment for each member whose renewal fee is due.
- After payment is made, each member will need to complete the online renewal form.
- Fee for certification renewal is $35.00 as long as the group member is still employed at the same organization.
A group member who leaves the group (for example, if the staff member is no longer a member of the organization), her account can be deleted from the group by the group administrator. The group member will still be on the CDP database and can continue to be a certified member.
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR INFORMATION:
- After adding members to your group, please be sure to contact everyone in your group and notify the employees that NCCDP will immediately send a letter of instructions to complete the application. The email may end up in their spam mail. If they do not immediately receive the email, to contact NCCDP for assistance.
- Group administrator is not able to "swap" member accounts. As an example, if a group member leaves, the group administrator will not be able to add another staff to the group member that left.
- Group administrator can add any number of staff to the group from their account page after the initial application. Payment can be submitted just after adding new staff member.